Fourth alleged rape victim testifies against Norway princess’s son Today World News

[ad_1]

File photo of Norway’s Marius Borg Hoiby.
| Photo Credit: AP

A fourth woman at the centre of a rape case against the son of Norway’s crown princess testified in an Oslo court on Wednesday (February 18, 2026) over an alleged rape in 2024 when he was already under investigation for other incidents.

Marius Borg Hoiby, Crown Princess Mette-Marit’s 29-year-old son from a relationship before her 2001 marriage to heir apparent Crown Prince Haakon, faces 38 charges, including raping four women while they were asleep or had passed out.

Hoiby has pleaded guilty to several relatively minor offences but denies the rapes. He faces up to 16 years in prison if convicted.

The court heard testimony on Wednesday (February 18) from a woman who recounted an alleged rape on the night of November 1 and November 2, 2024. Hoiby is accused of having engaged in sexual acts while she was asleep and of having filmed the acts without her knowledge.

As with the three other alleged rapes, the events are said to have taken place following a night of drinking – during which Hoiby is alleged to have used cocaine – after initial consensual sex in the young woman’s hotel room.

“I was getting more and more tired. I felt like I was just lying there, and he just wouldn’t stop. The more tired I got, the less I took part,” she told the court.

After she had told him she wanted to sleep, she said she was woken up by “a violent blow” to her genital area.

“It was painful,” she said, adding that “I think I just froze, then I fell back asleep.”

Hoiby is accused of having filmed 27 videos and taken four sexually explicit photos that night, some of which, according to the prosecution, show the woman was asleep.

Hoiby will give his version of events on Wednesday afternoon (February 18). From the outset, he has denied rape and maintains that all the sex had been consensual.

At the time of the fourth alleged rape, he was already under police investigation. Hoiby was arrested on August 4, 2024, suspected of having assaulted his partner the previous night.

The investigation into that incident uncovered a slew of other suspected offences, including video footage on his phone and laptop of what police believed to be rapes.

When confronted by police, none of the women was aware of what had happened to them or that the actions could be considered criminal.

[ad_2]
Fourth alleged rape victim testifies against Norway princess’s son